Friday, July 20, 2012

Mommy Meltdown

It happened today. I had my first huge mommy meltdown at 5 p.m. tonight when I had to deal with an extremely rude case manager from Amerihealth Merciless. She hung up on me twice. Once when she told me she understood how I felt and I replied with "Oh yea? I guess you go home to a handicap son too right?!" And then I called the jerk lady back and tried to tell her how I felt about how things were going with this transition to the pediatric residential facility which we continue to get denied for. I said to her "I know my handicap child brings you no money and thats part of why you continue to deny him, but the insurance company needs to realize how seriously ill he is!" She didn't like that either. Oh well the truth hurts...a lot. My family hurts, my son hurts, my head hurts from all the spinning in circles with these denials and appeals.
I really hate MITO, AUTISM, Xq28 CHROMOSOMAL DUPLICATION, SEIZURES, SENSORY PROCESSING DISORDER AND LEUKOENCEPHALOPATHY!!
THIS IS NOT THE WAY LIFE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE...... AND IT SUCKS! BUT AS MY FATHER WOULD SAY "SUCK IT UP MARINE!"
WHICH BY THE WAY REMINDS ME...RIP DADDY, 11 YEARS HAS GONE BY SO FAST. YOU ARE SO MISSED AND LOVED! 

2 comments:

Graydragon said...

Hello,
I hope you won't mind me leaving a message here but I have a daughter with xq28 dup and I would really welcome the chance to talk to someone else who has a child with this condition.
I hope that you and your family are doing well and that you get the help you need, best wishes Kathie x

Cory said...

Hi! So sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
please feel free to find me on Facebook under:
Cory Marie Frederick or email me at Robbysmom826@gmail.com

Cory